Senior Technical Project Manager
RemoteUnited States, California, San FranciscoEngineering
**Note: This is a remote opportunity, and can be performed from anywhere in the United States.
Are you a technically savvy and highly-organized collaboration whiz? Do you love working closely with engineers and clients, and can switch back and forth between the two at any time?
HyperVelocity Consulting is looking for a Mid-Senior level Technical Project Manager that can truly support engineering teams in delivering great Atlassian implementation professional services. Your job will be diverse on a daily basis and will glue together our internal sales and engineering teams with our clients. You will ensure that things run smoothly, and everyone has what they need to produce, review, release and evaluate projects. You might be writing up SOWs one day, joining a customer’s sprint planning another, and demoing new Jira features on another. The job by definition is broad and designed for the intellectually curious tech savvy project manager. This position reports to the CEO and will be key to the team.
- Interacts closely with engineers to ensure the right tasks are being worked on
- Gets the handoff of the work from the sales team and runs internal and customer kickoff meetings
- Work with clients to define scope, deliverables and timelines of projects
- Consult with sales, engineering and customers to define requirements
- Help translate business goals into technical requirements and vice versa
- Write statements of work for custom projects
- Plans hours for the team, flags capacity or scheduling issues and help assign engineering resources to new projects
- Salary: $95k - $120k, depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance for employees. 50% paid health insurance premiums for dependants.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Family-owned and operated company with access to leadership and room for advancement.
- Cats and dogs are welcome on all Zoom calls.
- 100% remote position and after pandemic potentially 5% travel to industry events.
- Join a small but global team of experts in a rapidly growing consulting firm! Grow your responsibilities and opportunities in this fast-growing field!
E-Verify Participation Notice:
E-Verify Right to Work:
- Real world technical project management or engineering background - you have built and shipped websites, apps, services etc. for a company or paying clients
- Project management experience - you have successfully led projects with internal teams
- Client experience - you have led meetings or calls with clients
- You enjoy picking up the phone/Slack/etc and solving problems
- You will ask questions when you don’t understand something, we are happy to help - your manager’s job is to enable you!
- You can handle pressure and deadlines
- You can set achievable deadlines and meet them most of the time
- You know how to anticipate missed deadlines and let the appropriate people know
- 4 year degree (CS or technical preferred, or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years work experience