United States, Texas, San AntonioEngineering
** Note: US Citizenship and TS/SCI Clearance required
We have an amazing partnership with our Military client who is in the midst of expanding their Agile Transformation. We are looking for a collaborative, engaging, and positive Agile professional to join our team. This position will be full-time with our company.
Some elements of the job:
- Guides and coaches the teams using Agile practices and principles to deliver high-quality products and services to users.
- Facilitates and supports all Scrum ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Demos, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Coaches the team in self-organization, cross-functional skill set, and domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the team.
- Facilitates activities to support a high-performing team by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring industry best practices are understood and the team adheres to the Agile Manifesto principles and practices as well as to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with Agile team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational strategic objectives and tactical execution.
- Resolves team impediments within team members and with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to product portfolio work and to a lesser degree, important department initiatives and applicable portions of corporate projects and initiatives.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitates discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Provides support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product development experience, or 4 years of project management experience in an Agile environment or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- First-level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I).
- Experience being in the Scrum Master role for at least 4-6 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: XP, User Story writing, BDD, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, A-CSM, PSM II)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 5-7 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a software engineer, product manager or a combination of both.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with federal government agencies
- Competitive salary
- 100% Of a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Gold Health Insurance Plan is covered for full-time employees; 50% of the cost to add children to health insurance is covered by HyperVelocity
- Additional coverages/benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K (matching up to 2%)
- Unlimited PTO* (only limited by specific client requirements, schedules and milestones)
- Dental insurance
- Family-owned and operated company with access to leadership and room for advancement
- Cats and dogs are welcome on all internal company zoom calls.
Join a small but global team of experts in a rapidly growing consulting firm, and grow your responsibilities and opportunities in this fast-growing field!
Diversity and Inclusion:
HyperVelocity Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, marital or protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates must be willing to participate in and successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug testing and be authorized to work in the United States. HyperVelocity Consulting is an E-Verify participating employer.
E-Verify Participation Notice: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
E-Verify Right to Work: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RightToWorkPoster%20Eng_Es.pdf