IT Tools and Innovation Specialist
RemoteUnited States, California, San FranciscoEngineering
HyperVelocity Consulting, is an IT professional services firm experiencing explosive growth. As one of Atlassian's Platinum Solution Partners and a Scaled Agile Partner, our team is growing fast. We are looking for an IT Tools and Innovation Specialist, in a fully remote position with lots of room for career advancement. If you’re ambitious, self-motivated, and excited by helping build and manage awesome IT tools, we’d like to meet you. We are a certified woman-owned business and value diversity.
About this position
The IT Tools and Innovation Specialist will join our internal tools innovation team, which helps to prototype, deploy, manage, and maintain the tools we use to support our staff of employees and contractors. Your role will be to manage and maintain many of our core tools, such as our conferencing software, password management software, CRM, and resourcing software.
There will be a ton of variety in this role, from one-off projects to ongoing maintenance of internal tools. Here are some examples of some things that you would be doing in this role:
- Evaluate options, test, demo to executives, and then deploy a company-wide signature creation tool (such as WiseStamp)
- Help run new user onboarding for most IT tools (Zoom, Lastpass, Slack, MS365, Adobe, etc)
- Work on deployment of a company-wide SSO (such as Okta or OneLogin) with the collaboration of our DevOps engineers
- Evaluate and deploy device management tools
- Help select, evaluate, and negotiate pricing on new hardware with vendors
Additionally, because we are having explosive growth but may not have enough IT work, we will ask this person to help assist the operations team with some tasks, such as creating license quotes or other tracking initiatives. These will be based both on the need of the organization and the employee's particular strengths.
This position certainly has growth potential for the right team member. As we grow, we will certainly need an entire IT and applications tools team. Further, we work towards have long, mutually beneficial relationships with many of our staff. We care about our staff's career goals, whether it's in growing in technical or managerial directions, based on interest and skill.
- Salary: $45-65K depending on experience
- 100% paid health insurance for employee
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Family-owned and operated company with access to leadership and room for advancement.
- Cats and dogs are welcome on all Zoom calls.
- 100% remote position and after pandemic potentially 5% travel to industry events.
- Join a small but global team of experts in a rapidly growing consulting firm! Grow your responsibilities and opportunities in this fast-growing field!
E-Verify Participation Notice: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
E-Verify Right to Work: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RightToWorkPoster%20Eng_Es.pdf
- Two years of experience supporting and managing IT tools or environments
- Four years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and manage complex IT tools
- Maintenance and fulfillment of proper security permissions and policies, including a great respect for confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple projects of competing priorities
- Exacting attention to detail
- Educational degrees or certifications, especially ones relevant to this position
- Experience at smaller companies with modern toolsets